Your privacy and Videxio
Your privacy and personal data are valuable to you, which makes them super important to us. So we want to keep your details safe. This document outlines the how and when we collect, store, and process the personal information of users of our websites, online services, interactive applications, and other products and services, including software downloads.
Personal data includes personal information that can be used to identify or contact you as an individual, for example, your name or email address.
1. The type of data we collect
Videxio collects data in order to provide the best experiences we can when you visit our websites and use our products and services. You’re able to make choices about what type of data we collect about you and it is possible to visit our any of our websites without providing personal information about yourself.
However, in order for you to best utilize the resources and information we offer on our website (for example downloading product brochures, eBooks, etc), we collect personal data from you. You may not be able to use some of our products and services if you decline our collection of your personal data.
Examples of the types of personal data we collect:
i) Contact details: name, email, phone number, etc
ii) Credentials: passwords, saved user preferences, security settings, etc
iii) Demographic information: your geographic location, preferred language etc
iv) Device and usage data: how you use our apps, what type of device you use, your IP address, etc
v) Payment details: We collect any necessary information required to process your payment, such as a credit card number and the security code associated with your preferred payment method
vi) Your contacts: if you use a Videxio product to manage or access contacts, or to communicate with other people and organizations, we may collect information about your relationships and interactions with those contacts
vii) Your image: for example, if you choose to store a personal image under your user Videxio user profile.
Ways we collect personal data
When you visit any our websites, create a Videxio account, activate your subscription, purchase a product, download a software update, using our product services, or participate in an online survey, in order to help fulfill your request efficiently, we may collect a variety of information:
- Contact forms on our website (information you provide yourself). Allows us to ask for your explicit consent to store your personal data and contact you further, for example by email
- Recording your interactions with our websites, products and services (technologies such as cookies)
Collection of non-personal data
- We collect information regarding user activities on Videxio websites and from our other products and services
- This information is aggregated to help us provide more useful information to our visitors and to understand which parts of our website, products, and services are of most interest
Registered Videxio Accounts
To help us maintain and improve our products, and understand user behavior more effectively:
- We may collect non-personal information for any purpose. Examples of non-personal information we collect include:
- Occupation; language; timezone a Videxio product is being used in
2. How we use the data we collect
- To operate and deliver our business effectively (including personalization)
- To help us understand and improve our products and service, as well as the content we offer
- To send communications relevant to our users and products, as well as promotional communications where relevant
Examples of data collection to improve and deliver our products and services:
These examples help us achieve objectives one and two. To improve our user experiences we use data we have collected across our websites, products and services.
To create and use a registered Videxio account, you must consent to these types of uses for your data, since we’re unable to deliver and operate your account without being able to collect this data.
i) Product activation: creating your account or a free trial, or activating necessary software
ii) Product delivery: we use personal data to process payments and deliver our products to you. This might include saving your preferred user settings, or making product recommendations based on your device or current location
iii) Customer support: we might use data to diagnose and fix product problems and issues, as well a provide more effective customer care
iv) Improving our products and services: this includes improving our products as well as the information and content we provide on Videxio websites.
v) Security and safety: we must use data in order to protect the security of our products and users. This can include (but is not limited to) detection of fraud and malicious software, confirming validity of software licenses, and resolving disputes or enforcing our service agreement
vi) General business intelligence: We use data to build up aggregated business intelligence to help us analyse, report on, and make informed decisions about our general business operations.
Examples related to product communications using your personal data
These examples help us to achieve objective three. You must consent to receive these type of notifications from us by completing one of contact forms on our website.
You’re able to opt out from our mailing list by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
i) Sending Information to users with a registered Videxio account*: we may use your personal information in order to send any important notifications to communicate information necessary to the continued use of our products or services, including, but limited to:
- Changes to our terms of service
- Product updates, upgrades, bug fixes, or other changes to your products or services
- Billing or payment information related to your use of your Videxio account
*Because this information is important to your continued use of Videxio’s products and services, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
ii) Responding to requests for information: we may contact you via email or telephone where you have requested more information, for example booking a meeting, or to email you content (such as an eBook) you have asked to receive.
iii) Relevant sales and marketing communications: we may occasionally communicate with you via email with information related to Videxio products and services relevant to your stated interests and preferences
3. Storage of personal data
To store personal data about you we need your consent to store a minimum of your email address. When deciding how long we should store data for, we use several criteria for deciding on reasonable and appropriate practises.
For personal data related to your specific use of our products and services, for example your call history, our stated policy is to retain that data for two years, unless otherwise impacted by one of the listed criteria below:
- How long do we need access to the data for to deliver our products and maintain effective business operations?
- Is there a reasonable expectation from customers we will store their personal data until they explicitly request us to delete it?
- Is the type of data of a sensitive nature? Generally we will adopt shorter time limits for retention of sensitive data
- Is Videxio subject to legal, contractual, regulatory, or similar, obligations to retain certain types of data? For example, mandatory data retention laws in your region, or government requests and investigations
4. Personal data and third-parties
As part of our product and service delivery, Videxio works with various affiliated partners who are authorized to sell Videxio’s products or services on our behalf. We also use some tools managed by third-party service providers in order to fulfill delivery of certain aspects of our products and services
We will never, ever provide or sell data to organizations not recognised as an affiliated Videxio partner, or otherwise connected to helping us deliver operations to customers essential to our products and services.
i) Disclosure of data to Videxio affiliated partners: where appropriate, we may provide your details to affiliated Videxio partners in order to fulfill your request for service delivery or further information:
- Affiliated Videxio partners are partner businesses officially authorized to resell Videxio products and services on our behalf
- In the event we share personal data with an affiliated partner, we will only do so in order to fulfill service delivery or improve our products and services
- Personal data will not be shared with affiliated partners for general marketing purposes
ii) Sharing data with third-party services providers: where necessary, Videxio shares personal information with companies who provide essential services for delivering our products and services to customers. These might include services for:
- Information processing, payment processing, credit checks, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys
- Some of these companies operate and store data outside of the EU
- All of our third-party service providers are checked to ensure they comply with EU and applicable local data privacy and security regulations
iii) Disclosure of data to comply with legal or public jurisdiction requests: in rare circumstances, where we are compelled, by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence— we may disclose your personal information:
- We may also disclose information about you if we determine that to do so is necessary or appropriate for reasons of national security, law enforcement, or other major issues of public importance
- We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms of service or protect our operations or users
- Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any or all personal information we collect to the relevant third party
iv) External websites: where relevant, in order to to provide additional information on certain topics, our websites may link to external websites we do not own or manage:
- We don’t control, and are not responsible for, how these websites collect and use information
6. Protection and security of personal data
Videxio takes great care to ensure all reasonable precautions— including administrative, technical, and physical measures— to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
i) Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption: all Videxio web pages and online services and products use SSL encryption where personal information is collected
- To make purchases from these services, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Safari, Firefox, or Chrome
- Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it’s transmitted over the Internet
ii) Our global network: the Videxio Cloud Video Service is deployed via a globally-distributed network of resources which constitute the Videxio Service Network
- Services are hosted and maintained at geographically-specific “Points-of-Presence” (PoPs) as well as within cloud-based services that have global availability
- Videxio PoPs are hosted at data centers managed by facility service providers. Each facility is meets or exceeds international security compliance standards
- Personal information collected through Videxio service may be stored and processed in any country in which Videxio and its affiliates maintain facilities
7. Access and control of your personal data
You have the right to access the information we have about you at any time, as well as request the personal data we store about you is deleted, modified, or exported for portability reasons.
- For accessing, modifying, or exporting your personal information, or to request that we delete your personal data, please submit your request via email to email@example.com
- We will respond to requests within 30 days
- The request will be completed in compliance with our terms of service, our business relationship and any data privacy laws applicable in your country
- If you have previously consented to receiving promotional email communications from us, you can use the unsubscribe function at the bottom our emails to unsubscribe from our emails at any time (“withdraw your consent”)
- If you have an active Videxio account, it’s not possible to opt of basic emails since we need to able to communicate basic information to users in order to continue delivery of the account
- If you have created a Videxio account and would like to delete it, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience anything you think is a violation of the regulations, you may submit a written request to the Data Protection Directive’s postal address: Datatilsynet, PO Box 8177, 0034 Oslo, Norway.