1. Implementing Videoconferencing at Scale
How can any organization effectively roll out videoconferencing in a way that it's easily available for any user who needs it, and can handle different devices and technologies, plus external users outside your company. But on top of all that, doesn't demand too many resources from IT to manage?
Today, users' needs change daily depending on their current working environment and what tools they can access at any given moment:
- when at the office; working from home (or “WFH”); on the go
- With cloud video it’s easy to enable professional videoconferencing for almost any user, using any device
- From purpose-built videoconferencing hardware (SIP/H.323 devices) in conference rooms and huddle room spaces to individual users on desktop or mobile devices.
To build a robust videoconferencing solution no matter the size of your comp, you should consider four basic elements:
A. Type of videoconferencing hardware
What kind of audio visual hardware (camera, microphone, speakers, display, control panel etc) is available. Does your company already have specialist hardware for videoconferencing?
i) Including dedicated video systems and personal devices - desktops, mobile devices etc.
ii) With cloud videoconferencing, since it supports almost any devices you can choose what hardware is deployed, whilst giving users the freedom to use their preferred device
B. The right software
Due to it's size live video data is hard to transfer across ordinary public internet networks. Our cloud network provides you with a dedicated software service that is optimized for live video communications. That means better meetings with less lag, or low quality images or sound.
i) User plans for activating individual users for videoconferencing from anywhere
ii) Hardware subscription plans to activate purpose-built videoconferencing units in dedicated meeting spaces
iii) Videoconferencing app so users can easily manage their video use on multiple devices at any time
iv) Any user should be able to join a video meeting without being forced to download software first
C.Integrating with existing tools
i) Is it easy for both individuals and teams to schedule and host video meetings?
- Videxio offers automated scheduling for individuals with the My Meeting Video for Outlook app
- Teams can manage their meeting room schedules with our Meeting Room Mode feature
ii) How simple is it for both internal and external guests to join a meeting from different devices?
iii) Is joining or managing a video meeting from a shared meeting space with a videoconferencing setup a similar user experience to joining a meeting from a personal device (say at your desk or working from home)
iv) How easy is it to call between purpose-built videoconferencing room systems and individual video users?
- Videxio provide an automated contacts directory with all your company’s video addresses stored for fast dialing
- Our user plans and our device subscription plans all use the same “standards-based” video dialing addresses. These address are formatted like an email address to making calling across your fast and painless
- Our Skype for Business gateway service connects your purpose-built videoconferencing devices to your Skype for Business users via Microsoft’s enterprise cloud solution, Azure. So you can have super easy direct, two-way calling between your company’s meeting rooms and individual Skype users - and Skype meetings
Read more about how Videxio integrates with Microsoft solutions.
D. Number of Users
i) Videoconferencing that empowers people and teams is not only about the number physical meeting rooms systems you have set up, but the number of users who need to collaborate on video at any time
ii) Videoconferencing is not just about group meeting workflows, but includes video calling between individual users (one-to-one conversations between people can replace email or chat tools that have)