Why Cloud Video:
- High quality calls for strategic communication
- VMRs (virtual meeting rooms) can be used for running long term projects and adding external stakeholders with various video capabilities
- Teams active on ships in open water without access to data network can join via audio dial-in only
- Videxio provided truly global network coverage
- Didn’t want to manage own data lines - required a system that could simply be switched on or off as required
How Video Is Used:
Whilst Jumbo had some experience of fixed video locations, using cloud video conferencing opened up new possibilities for their communication strategy. Their global sales teams hold 2 daily update meetings (AM & PM) due to time zone differences. These are now done via video, replacing more expensive audio calls used previously, saving money whilst allowing for better collaboration. The implementation for cloud video was driven by the boardroom, rather than the IT department, and is regularly used for ad hoc and scheduled board meetings with board members spread around the world.
Provides Real Benefits:
The Jumbo Board members were able to conduct regular board meetings using the system from different locations in the world. As many projects require long-term
collaboration with external stakeholders, working groups can be assigned a VMR domain for the duration, making it easy for people with various video systems to join projects with simple routine. It has greatly reduced unnecessary travel - 1 member was making regular international flights for single 2-hour meeting - while a last minute training session has been conducted via video instead of asking participants to travel a long way and stay overnight.